Saturday, December 4, 2010

a Quasi-Unschool Entry.

The only thing that could make this better would be an endless supply of Starbucks Chai Latte..... or Caramel Brulee Latte....

What is it about this moment that is so wonderful? So almost-unbetter-able?

Plans. Planning. Schedules. It is what I love. Writing plans. Making schedules. researching. I think it might be the main reason I wanted to homeschool, just maybe. But don't tell anyone else. They all think I do this for the kids.

I had planned on writing plans for Chemistry class, but as I checked a few of my friends blogs before I started my planning I found some Hanukkah Activities. I had not planned on planning Holiday Activities, but earlier I had planned on looking into Hanukkah, as my boys had planned to do some Hanukkah stuff this year. So now I am planning to add some Hanukkah plans to my plans for this week. And maybe by the end of this post I will be able to SPELL Hanukkah with out using spell-check or backspacing to delete the extra N I keep adding.

SO here is what I have for H-a-n-u-k-k-a-h :
A book by Lemony Snicket. Ki (14) LOVES the Series of Unfortunate Events, so I thought this would be fun to read.I got this idea and the link to hear it read on Youtube(ckick here) from a fellow Almost Unschooler, whose blog is titled Almost Unschoolers(Click Here). (go visit her - she does LOTS of col, fun things with her kids!)

This book will get to end with the making of Latke! Ah, anytime we can add COOKING to our lessons, Ki is VERY HAPPY!!

I also found a link (while checking out my YahooGroup):
(oh, my I did not backspace or anything that time!! but it was a SLOWLY typed word.)

And of course we will actually have to READ about Hanukkah and what it is all about. (and I DID have to backspace that time to delete that annoying extra 'n')

WOW. all that typing for Hanukkah and this entry seems too long to post about the BEST PART- my planning for the Chemistry class!!! This is NOT what I had planned for this entry. It started as an entry about my plans for chemistry class. Now I need a latte AND Chemistry plans to make this better.
I will get that posted tomorrow, though. So, enjoy the Hanukkah links for now.




Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Thanks for the link. I've been over here a couple of times this week, but always get interrupted before I get to leave a comment. So - now I finally made it :)

I'm looking forward to reading about your chemistry plans, but right now I have to go check out those donuts!

Gabby Malcuit said...

That's awesome that you enjoy doing all of the planning and prepping. You're such a good mom/teacher.

Anonymous said...

I did Hanukkah with my girls this year. We made the latkes, but cheated on the donuts by purchasing jelly filled pastries from Dunkins. Haha... the kids didn't care. The latkes were terribly fun to make, but I kept thinking about all of that oil. Man, those are really good! I'm certain if I was Jewish and celebrated all 8 days, I would gain about 20 lbs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails