Thursday, December 30, 2010

TOP POSTS & why "FOLLOW"?


Hops & Follows

this is a blog entry about blogs. such a blog entry does not happen often.

though I have blogged for awhile, it has been mostly just 'for me to remember what we do in school'. lately, I have gotten into 'blogging to my readers' a little more.

this has brought me to Blog Hops. a place to meet other bloggers and for other bloggers to meet me and my blog. it's been fun. I have met new friends.

but lately I have noticed people seem to be obsessed with FOLLOWING. maybe I do not understand it. maybe I am missing some great, mysterious facet of information.

I do not understand why so many people seem to want followers, it seems just for the sake of having lots of followers. I see a lot of blog comments on my blog and others that only say "I'm following you, please follow me back." with no comment about the actual blog entry they just read. or maybe did not read. Again- I must be missing something.


*FWIW. I am glad to have readers/followers and hope I can encourage other homeschool moms or any mom! It's Frenzy of Asking for Followers that is odd I guess. *


SO. am I missing something in the blogworld of following?


NOW onto a little lighter of a subject:

TOP POSTS!!
I saw this on MARY's BLOG (homeschool success) . She did her TOP POSTS of 2010. my entries this year did not get nearly the Page Views as hers, so I am doing :

TOP POSTS of ALL TIME (and still have less views than her)


Coming in FIRST with 346 pageviews is
LOTS OF LINKS. Homeschool Links on 4/21/2007

Coming in 2nd with 297 pageviews is-
SKETCHING/DRAWING CLASS. This is a May-TERM posted 4/28/2010

In 3rd place with 128 pageview we have:
OBSTACLE COURSE. a Occupational Therapy Blog Entry from 5/9/2007

and if you go read them, their view numbers will be even bigger!!


To Join a Friday Hop...or not.....??

Sure. Why not?

Click the Bunnies and Hop-Along with us



~If you enjoyed my blog, please Click (you can vote daily)~Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

9 comments:

Mary Prather said...

Hi! Glad you could use the idea.... Happy New Year!

Mary Prather said...

Oh, and to comment about the first part of your post... it drives me NUTS when people just say "follow me back" without any INKLING they have read your post. I only follow blogs that I have an interest in and can gain ideas from - and hopefully people only follow my blog for the same reasons. I think "followers" is the online popularity contest, don't you?

Dawn said...

Hi! Stopping by from the Friday Blog Hop. I want / need additional followers for reviews/giveaways...the companies that provide those items for us to review/giveaway like to see a lot of followers. There may be other reasons folks want followers but that's a big one for me. I mean the MAIN reason is I *hope* people enjoy my blog but I also ask folks to follow back to help increase my numbers. Blessings and Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

G.L.- thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. I didn't know that.

Christy said...

I don't ask for followers and I am not doing giveaways (not that I won't ever do any) but I like having them. It lets me believe that people like what I write about and want to know when I post something new. ;) After all, isn't blogging about sharing with other people, expressing ourselves, and, sometimes, about getting confirmation from like-minded people?
Happy New Year!

Lisa said...

Thanks for linking up and following from the 2011 Blog Hop! I'm here to follow you back and I can't find your Google Friend Connect. Maybe I've been to too many blogs. :) Please let me know how to follow you.

Loved your post. I don't get it sometimes either and I do it myself. We have a lot in common with having boys. I have 5 (and 1 girl), but only 2 are teenagers. I've been homeschooling for 11 years.

I'd love it if you could stop by my brand new blog http://blessotherswithcards.blogspot.com
It really needs followers. Did I just say that? :)

Have a Happy & Blessed New Year's!!!

CheekyMommaof2 said...

I'd love to follow you, but can't find the button to do so. I would love for you to stop by and follow me back!

Happy New Year from Being Frugal & Making It Work!

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand the following frenzie either - I still don't. It seems to make people happy, so I click Follow. That doesn't mean that I read their blog. I have quite a few on an RSS feed to Google Reader - I usually tell people when I add them so I don't feel like a lurker. :) I try to comment ever so often, but time sometimes just isn't there. For Facebook Follow - they give the blog better priority if it has more followers, and for Reviewing items, you can get better deals on reviews with more followers. :) I don't have Google Friends on Wordpress and I do just fine without followers. :)

Crystal said...

I'm new to blogging- only 4 months- but the whole "following you, follow back" thing threw me for a loop. I actually thought it was an unwritten blogging rule...so I followed whoever told me too. Now, I truly visit, follow, read the ones I love. I blog..well, for me, for an outlet...not for anybody else. Comments are great but not necessary. You make a great point!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails