Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Feeling Bloggish

Wednesdays are my NEW favorite Day of the week. Wednesday is FARMERS MARKET DAY! It's a nice bike ride and one of my boys usually goes. Ki or Gavin. Never have both gone at the same time, oddly. But it makes it like a little date. Today Ki came with me. He was tired on the way back, so we stopped at Coffee Diem and split a Mango Ice drink. It was the special of the day. $1. It's nice to be able to just ride and talk with one of them and get a little treat. It was too warm out for Churros today. I wonder if I can talk Connor into coming with me next time. I can bribe him with a churro.


The pluots were very soft. Like they should have been eaten yesterday. The farmer had me try a Friar Pear. WOW! It's very much like a pluot, only better!


It is similar to a pluot in it's looks, but green and almost pear shaped. The inside is orange colored! So I bought 3 of those along with gapes from his stand. $2 a pound.


And the berry farmer had yellow colored raspberries today, along with the strawberries and red raspberries. So I bought a 3 pack (one of each) for $8


I bought grape tomatoes for Gavin. Sometimes I get the cherry tomatoes for him. Grape Tomatoes are his favorite. They are 50 cents more a pound. not a big deal at all. But he'll choose the cherry if he's with me because they cost less. (so I spend $1.50 instead of $2- not a big deal, LOL)


I bought veggies for making my own tabouli to go with the avocado hummus and flat bread that I like to buy there.


The tabouli is made. Gavin is already having it, before it's chilled. I added parsley, a touch of cilantro, tomatoes, onions, a bit of green bell pepper, sea salt, lemon juice and a touch of oil. (to the couscous)


~The berries are washed and bagged. separate bags for my frozen berries for my fruit smoothies.
~Gavin's tomatoes are washed, bagged, half eaten.
~We ate a Friar Pear already.
~I need to wash the grapes and other friar pears.




*********************************************************

In Other news:

Gavin did his first science experiment today, took great notes, and did more calculations then was required. He also took 4 other pages of good notes.



Connor is 87% finished with his math program and so far has had 100% retention at the assessments.



Ki is enjoying his Missions studies and his science project. And he did all his reading yesterday. He is normally a slow reader, so I split his stories up into 3 days. He read his whole story in 1 day.


3 comments:

katjandu said...

I would love to come and visit, bring my bike and go to your special places with you. Maybe that will happen next year. I wonder if I can take my bike on a train, or plane. I would have to find a carrying case for it.

Would you like some seeds for our grape tomato plants. We only planted one plant but it is over 7 feet tall. I think 2 would keep Gavin in his favorite fruit.

Dad had two golden raspberry plants when we lived on Chalmette. I didn't like them as well as the black and red, but my friend Mary loved them and wanted some plants. Her hubby said they didn't have a place for them...:-(

I'd go to the market with you and have churros.. I do have a sweet tooth.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally jealous of your farmer's market. I'm glad you posted pictures of that strange pear today, as I had never heard of one.

Anonymous said...

Your productivity, schedules and fruit are all extremely impressive!

Cheers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails