Sunday, August 10, 2008

EMAILING KIDS

I emjoy emailing my boys. Ki loves it! He always emails me a respose even if it's just to say "OK. I WILL". We email back and forth via his ALEKS account. I like to always remind him to do his Brain Gym before he does his Aleks. and maybe give him a little challenge or ask him a question. For Monday I told him to do 15 minutes in Quicktables, then to get some chocolate covered rasins from me for doing his second 15 minutes on ALEKS. He eats 1 for each math problem he does. (for his first 10 )

Connor almost never emails me back, but I like to send him an online message in the morning with a reminder or idea or advice about his math. He heard about Ki's Choc raisins and wanted something similar. So I sent him a message telling him I have a treat for him to eat while doing his math. (froz choc chips) - 1st 10.

Gavin sent me an email about needing dad's help to understand some of the questions. In his message I told him to make sure he asks dad when he gets home and asked if he wanted me to switch him to Algebra 1 for a while.

I also sent 'regular' emails to G&K concerning their SAT Question of the Day. Gavin has been doing them daily- but we thought just doing them f rom your email box was all you needed to have them keep your score. I just discovered they need to SIGN IN to their SAT page before they answer the question for it to count on their little percentage chart. So I emailed that info to them.

I noticed Connor have about 10 emails (from Aug 3 to now) as he just hasn't bothered checking. He's just not as into it as gavin. Who seems to email a girl from our Church in Ohio- daily. It's neat. They both have big struggles with dyslexia and they will exchange different things about their dyslexia stuggles. Gavin is getting a little better with his spelling, too, from all his emailing. He emails 2 guy friends from Ohio. almost daily. And he has a couple friends iin the homeschool group here with whom he ocassionaly exchanges emails.


3 comments:

Stacie said...

Levi loves it when I email him. He's like Ki, he'll email even the simplest of replies.

I don't email him enough. I should do it more as it is fun and good practice at the same time.

Niall MacC said...

Sean is the same. He loves getting emails from me or his dad.
Sometimes I will copy jokes from the net and mail them to him*

Anonymous said...

I do this with Jake and Shannon too. Half the time, we're just in other rooms, goofing around!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails