Monday, October 6, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook Oct 6


For Today... OCTOBER 6, 2008 (click the above picture to read more Simple Woman Daybook entries by other women)


Outside my Window... Another beautiful, sunny California morning! The morning Marine Mist layer was cleared off by 8AM. There is a tree with pretty purple flowers outside the window behind the Computer, but I have to stand to see it.


I am thinking... that I am glad it is a new week & also that I still have too much to do.


From the learning rooms... We are doing 3 scheduled classes a say (except for Tuesdays, we are in Vandenberg most Tuesdays). I think this will help. It is just 1 class for each boy on the subject they need a little 1-on-1 to understand better. Also, this week Connor starts his new Math Level. He chose Geometry.


I am thankful for... Awesome kids that take care of me and are very understanding when I don't feel well. (and I'm thankful for moving to a place where I almost never have migraines anymore)


From the kitchen... Ki has requested lasagna. 1/2 meat and 2/3 cheese. And he will be making corn bread or banana bread to go with it. Also, the younger 3 boys will be making candy today.


I am wearing... My 3/4 sleeve length Shalwar from India. I think if I were a native from India the sleeves would be full length. It.s my green one with embroidery all over it. It's itchy, but my favorite. And jeans, barefoot and wet hair.


I am reading... trying to finish that 3 Cups of Tea book. The first half was enjoyable, but then it got really boring.


I am hoping... to finish this book today.


I am creating.. nothing today


I am hearing... Kids in the kitchen getting breakfast, cars, birds, the occasional dog, keyboard clacking, computer humming, the occasional weird house sound.


Around the house... happy children and a floor that needs to be swept- again


One of my favorite things... not having to go anywhere for a whole week- but that's not happening anytime soon


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... ah, if it were only a few....

Today- school, candy making, Book Club

Tuesday- I teach an ASL class at the co-op, Homeschool PE, Geocache

Wed- DMV, Gymnastics

Thur- Connor gets his upper braces, Beach Night for the youth at church(5:30), Our Discipleship class at church (6:30)


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture... Now that looks like a lot of fun! I think my boys would have been in heaven. :D

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a beautiful picture. I love that ocean.

Heather said...

Awesome photo!

Stacie said...

That is an interesting picture! What's happening there? It looks like they are trying to outrun a huge wave or maybe even jaws himself!

Lasagna and banana bread - never heard of that combo before! Cornbread seems odd too, but not as much, since cornbread goes with chili and chili is tomato based. I like to have garlic knots or garlic bread.

Hope you make it through your busy week with your sanity! :-)

Shannon said...

Beautiful photo!
So glad you've found relief from migraines.
I just started getting them for the first time in my life a few months ago. I've heard weather/climate can affect them. Maybe I need to move?! :)
Have a great week!
Shannon

katjandu said...

It's great you have relief from those nasty migraines. That's something I'm thankful for.

I remember being busy like that, so much to do with kids and I miss those days.

Love the picture, I imagine the water is cold, so they are trying to stay out of it.

Ruth MacC said...

Looks like you have a busy week. I just put milk in with the hot water. My husband Niall loves honey in his porrige. I agree with you about too much tea leaving people drained when they stop drinking it.

I have to drink de caf coffee because regular coffee leavesd me shakey and weak? Go figure!

Anyway. I was looking at the photos onyour last post and showing my son. Your boys are taking a stretch!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Did you finish your book? What is it about? I'm looking forward to getting to read something for fun again!
Kathy

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Beautiful photo. I have 3 Cups of Tea on my reading list. I'll shove it down the list if it gets boring, though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails