Wednesday, March 9, 2011

30 IN 30 : done my way

My Bloggy Friend, Amber, over at Be Sassy Classy always has neat, pretty outfits. She enjoys throwing together new & different outfits.. and she is very goood at it. If you like fashion- go read her blog.

ME- I don't like to have to think about clothes. I am perfectly happy wearing the same 4 outfits over and over and over and over. And the same 4 pairs of earrings. and my Green Keen Hiking Sandals with everything and to everywhere (even with skirts and to church, right Margie?). So sometimes I get a teensy bit motivated to actually put a little thought into my wardrobe. So, gals like me, who usually like their fashion-less-rut but want to sometimes get out of it, for a day- you should head to Be Sassy Classy, too.

Recently Amber took a 30 day challenge to wear the same 30 articles of clothing, remixed, for 30 days. You can read about it below and see her 30 outfits she made with 30 articles of clothing:

Be Sassy Classy: And I’m Done.: "This is my last outfit for the 30 for 30 Challenge. "


I decided that I already wear the same things over and over and over, so I need a different challenge. I have been feeling a bit slumpy lately and a bit in a rut (everywhere in my life, not just in my outfits). And I've been meaning to do SOMETHING to get our of the rut. (I figure getting out of 1 rut might get me out of the others)

So I am going to do my own "3o IN 30"

My 30 IN 30 will be too wear 30 different outfits and 30 different earrings in 30 days.

Now, I only have 3 pairs of jeans and couple pairs of leggings- so there will be overlap there.

But I will also be including as many skirts and dresses as I can find.

This will have a 2-fold purpose...no THREE-FOLD!

When I wear a pair of earrings I will then put them into a little baggy. I have been meaning to go through my jewelry for awhile and had thought of doing this but hadn't made the time. Find all the missing mates. get rid of broken ones. Match earrings with necklaces. (which I don't have many of the latter). So this will be good.

[ my bloggy friend over at I'm a Lazy Mom has a fun link-up-- what have YOU been procrastinating ...umm putting-off ... err.. meaning to do?]

GOOD BYE Pretty dragonfly earrings that I love to wear because they are cute and because Black & Silver matches most things I wear... AND because they were a gift from
my husband.


I will see you again in 30 days. (and they look so cute on the orange)

GOOD BYE Happy Breezy sundress from the thrift store- that I plan on cutting and altering anyway- and is so easy/comfy to wear with leggings, jeans, or alone.

The leggings and shoes will get worn again, I only have a few pairs of shoes Ithink.

Also, I have been meaning get rid of clothes that fit me when I was 112 pounds & in my 20s but no longer fit now that I am almost 40 and have grown into my body. And I need to go through the clothes I d have that fit. I am bad at finding things that match when I buy tops and bottoms at different times.
And I bet I have friends who will be glad that I will be getting rid of things I have had for 20+ years.

OUTFIT #1 (yesterday)

Yes, I really do have the dragonfly earrings in my ears.

THIS MEANS many negative things, too.
[1]- having to completely change my clothes to for a bike ride.. or at least change my shoes.
[2] possibly ironing clothes. and maybe my HAIR!
[3] posing for pictures 30 times in a month.

#3 will inspire me to do my pilates more though! which is something else I keep meaning to do: Regular Exercise. (Bike & Pilates mostly)


FOR DAY #2 CLICK: here


~If you enjoyed my blog, please Click (you can vote daily)~Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

6 comments:

Laura Everyday Edits said...

following you back! thanks for following me too! laura@imnotatrophywife.com

http://imnotatrophywife.com

Amber said...

What a great idea. The putting in a bag is genius ;)

Stacey said...

What a fun challenge! I should totally do this. BUT, there is that little "lazy" issue I have....

The Lazy Mom
www.imalazymom.com

Juli said...

Very fun idea. But I could never keep up with the laundry. :)

Love the earings... and the sunshine. Could you send some here please?

Candra Georgi said...

what a great idea!

love the dress.

Praises from a Wife and Mommy! said...

Thanks for visiting! :) I am already a follower! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails