Sunday, January 1, 2012

BHF_1.1

Yesterday, I told Connor that, if he wants, for school this month all he has to do is read the Lord of the Rings books. He turned it down, saying it wasn't a very useful skill...and he wouldn't really be LEARNING anything.
I would have JUMPED at that chance had my teachers offered it to me in school!!

I said he could learn all about Middle Earth/Tolkein Lore, how to speak with an elf.....

He claims none of that is useful.

I said reading is always a useful skill... and he claimed he already knows how to read.

Ki, said HE would take a Tolkein Class (he had chosen Culinary Arts....I bet he will still be willing to cook lots for me, though)

I am waiting on pins and needles to hear what Connor will choose to learn for our 3 week J-Term. I hope whatever he decided is a useful skill will at least be fun for me. That iss what homeschooling is all about, isn't it? Fun for me?

Gavin must not think so. He always chooses stuff like Physics and Computer Programming. I guesss Computer Game Grahics Design is a little better.

At least I will have fun with Ki.

Who, by the by, was a tad temperamental today. Moody is a better adjective for him. We really need to get back to decent schedule soon....

My BHF for session 1 day 1 was to have a protein shake for breakfast...CHECK. And to fill my Vitamin Caddy thing...CHECK... and have my week planned... CHECK. I will try out my pilates DVD while the boys are at the Youth Center daily this week. I makee no promises for how far into the DVD I will get.

I welcomed the New Year doing what I am best at! Having a Massive Headache! I expect the year to only get better from here.

5 comments:

Juli said...

Seriously? He turned that down?

Crazy talk.

:)

Go take a nap. Here's hoping Jan 2 will be better.

Unknown said...

I know..... crazy. I feel I must have failed him somewhere as a mom/teacher.

head is better. laying around sipping cocoa and watching Netflix. (I took a nap but the head was actually worse when I woke up... it's barely there now)

Stacie said...

Glad your headache is feeling better.

Well, Connor is very logical right? So only wanting to gain useful skills makes sense.

Have fun with the Tolkein class!

Maddy said...

Yes I'm defeated by the logic all too often.

As an aside all the males suffer from migraines around here [as does my mum] and she's recently started taking a prophylactic medication which has helped tremendously. I'm looking into the possibilities for the boys.

The Man Crew said...

Welcome back to the party Kim! I too, realized just the other day that it had been WAY too long since I'd posted a blog. So we're in this together, let's keep sharing our fun with the world. Good stuff! And I have to agree that boys make no sense, except when they make too much :)
Blessings, ~K~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails