Friday, April 8, 2011

Tandoori Chicken

I left the handwritten Recipe in the fruit bowl. Someone put a half eaten apple in the fruit bowl. The handwritten recipe now has mold on it. I can not find the reipe anywhere on my laptop, though I KNOW I have written out here before. Both in a blog and also in a WORD Document.. I need a better file-retrieval system.

So, here is the recipe that was written-out by one of Brian's co-workers many years ago.

TANDOORI CHICKEN

2- 3-3/5 pound Chickens (I just use about 6 pounds of Chicken Breast)
1 TBSP + 1.5 tsp NaCl
1/4 liquid Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1/4 liquid Cup Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
1 liquid cup plain yogurt
4 medium cloves of garlic, peeled & quartered
2 tsp fresh minced ginger (peeled)
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 TBSP cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
a large pinch of ground cloves
1 tsp red food coloring- optional (I never use this)

rinse chicken under cold water. pat dry. if using whole chickens. cut them apart at the joints and cut breast.back in half. remove skin. score.

put chicken into a large bowl sprinkle with salt, add lemon/lime juice. toss to coat. set asside.

Mix everything else in a blender or food processor. Pour over chicken, turn to coat well. Cover tightly.
Refrigerate 1-3 days.

Grill , brush with any left-over marinade.

I really shortened the instructions.

**This is one of Brian's favorites. I get Naan Bread from Trader Joes to go with it. (& rice and some veggies)

G&C eat all the left overs the next day.

I need to raise my own chickens.


~If you enjoyed my blog, please Click (you can vote daily)~Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

Juli said...

I have no desire to raise my own chickens.

Raising my own monkey heads is enough.

;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails