Thursday, February 3, 2011

aMAZEing Day

OH My,but it is chilly. All that Eastern Snow Storm activity must have finally made it out this way. It is a mere 65 degrees today.

Where are my fuzzy bunny slippers??
(ha, just kidding, I do not like/wear/own fuzzy slippers.)

The boys did a few things on the computer this morning. Gavin's main assignment was correcting a written paragraph. It took quite a few tries and retries.

Then I sent them a youtube to watch:


and a link about Chinese New Year:


** I made homemade Chai**

Then we printed some BRAIN MAZES that our friend in Florida draws:




*CLICK the MAZE to go to his website - then you can click the word "MAZE" -or his other areas*

Ki enjoyed it so much he printed out more mazes. Connor decided to try his hand at making mazes on the computer. Gavin asked David about his process for maze making,then researched handheld rail guns... or something like that.

Ki used a Turkey Baster to suck the ickies from the bottom of the aquarium. Until the tadpoles get big enough to easily scoop out, he cleans th tank with a turkey baster. Brian made sure I wrote FROGS! on the turkey baster, so I don't get confused and use it to, say, baste a turkey. I have never basted a turkey or used a turkey baster for cooking- ever. I can see how it is still a mix-up to avoid.


I also sent THIS video to the boys, that explains how much $100 million is (that Obama said he'd cut spending for our budget).
Gavin then looked up about a jet fighter and how much just 1 costs and how many have been produced. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_F-22_Raptor
Gavin could spend his entire day reading at wikipedia.

Ki researched DAGORHIR.

Connor researched Plastic. Yes, plastic.

Then we all went outback to squeezed oranges:





And throw them at the wall:



and take macro pictures of insects:


~If you enjoyed my blog, please Click (you can vote daily)~Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Thank you for stopping by, returning the follow! The orange squeezing looks like fun!

Sarah
http://carstrucksandteethingrings.blogspot.com

Juli said...

Love those end pics... very cool. And I'll not be using my bunny slippers.. it's so cold, I'd rather not get out of bed. :(

It'll be over soon enough... then we'll be complaining about "spring showers" -J

Anonymous said...

Love the mazes and will be looking in with my boys on "How much is a million". Sounds like you guys had a great day!

mommatojoa said...

Hi I am your newest follower!
I am from the blog hop!

Check out my blog and follow back if you'd like! :)

http://www.judahsmommy.blogspot.com

Kelly L said...

Your newest follower from Friday Blog Hop - looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Love to you
Kelly
I've Become My Mother

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating in "Stalk Hop Friday"! Next week's Follow Linkys will be Networked Blogs & GFC (w/ 2 linkys everyone has a chance to participate!), make sure you stop by and link up again! - Sorry I'm so late -

I'm following you on GFC with both my blog:
www.mrs-marine.com
http://novelbloggers.blogspot.com

Gabby Malcuit said...

Hahahaha. I think that FROGS label is going to be very important!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails