Friday, February 4, 2011

UN-DAY


Today I asked K to make dinner for me. I then sent G to the store to get a few things for dinner. I had no cash, so I told G to use his own money & dad would pay him back. I think that means I am no longer in the running for Mom of the Year.

Today I jumped out of bed at 8AM and drove to the store to get berries and whipped cream to go with the crepes Ki made for breakfast. Thing is, I needed a shower, had mismatched clothes, and was still asleep, so I took Connor with me. It took the kid almost 20 minutes to find strawberries and whipped cream! I should have taken a fast shower and gone myself!

Today, I was wishing Starbucks delivered. Instead I rode my bike there, bought a Venti Toffee Nut w/ extra espresso, and carried it home. on my bike. I learned that I am not good at braking with 1 hand. I only lost 1 sip though.

Today I planned some school for next week. It will not be unschool this month. I will be having G use a Writing Essentials CD Rom to brush up on his grammar. C&K will be using a Writing Master CD Rom. I am having them start with chapter 5: Creative Writing. It sounded the most fun interesting. In Other areas of School: MATH. G&C will be doing www.aleks.com. G's Math Goal for next week: so some math everyday and have mastered 8 new topics by Friday. C's assigned math is 45 minutes a day on Aleks. Ki will be doing Life of Fred with me daily.

Today I did some of the Writing CD Roms myself so I could accurately tell the boys what to do and where to click. I use to think I was good decent at grammar. Alas, I do not understand what a FUTURE PERFECT PROGRESSIVE verb is. (but I know gerund phrases and predicate nominatives!)

Today I found the memory card for my camera on my bookshelf. But I did not take any pictures.



~If you enjoyed my blog, please Click (you can vote daily)~Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

6 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

In mismatched clothes, with no shower, holding a latte in one hand, and trying to brake with the other - probably just as well you didn't try to take any pictures :) Why doesn't Starbucks deliver - that would be brilliant!

Juli said...

I'd like to ride my bike any where right about now. Around here we won't see the side walks until some time in May. :(

Amber said...

great post. I was totally trying to picture you riding your bike with cup in hand. hilarious. I don't know what those terms are, didnt' even know they existed!

Candra Georgi said...

oh-my-gosh i totally always wish starbucks delivered...making it yourself just isn't the same!

♥Yaya's Mommy ♥ said...

I am your newest follower. Have a great week

Gabby Malcuit said...

That's good that you found your memory card for when you do want to take pictures. It's funny how things get misplaced and where they end up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails