Saturday, November 22, 2008

'LETTUCE' OUT!!!

once a month (often less frequently because I forget) we have PAYING JOBS. I list 9 or 12 jobs with their descriptions and prices and the boys can take turn choosing jobs to earn money. They jobs have to be done in a certain time window and they have to finish what they start (can't start cleaning the cabinets fronts today, do a little more tomorrow and finish them Sunday)

Here are the jobs this months:

"ICE to meet you!"
*Clean and organize the inside of the freezer and make a tray of ICE

"A Good Frontal Attack"
*Clean Fronts of appliances
- fridge/freezer, dishwasher, both ovens, microwave

"STEPPIN' UP!"
Sweep Front Porch and sweep both sets of steps (Ki asked if he got more money if he scraped the moss of the side steps and I said Yes)

"PET BUFFET"
Wash pet food bowls, shake mat, vacuum floor area, vacuum mat, replace mat and filled bowls

"We've been NUKED!"
Thoroughly clean the inside of the microwave

"MMmmm... TOASTY!"
Clean Toaster Oven. empty crumbs, clean rack, clean glass front, replace foil liner

"LETTUCE OUT OF HERE!"
Clean and organize the inside of the fridge

"VRRRMMMMMM"
Vacuum couch and chair in front room, vacuum under cushions, wipe wood on front

SHWOOP d' SHWEEP
Sweep and Mop Kitchen

I wonder if we afford to do this every other week. Maybe limit it to 2 jobs each time and only do the More Expensive jobs once a month....
the kinda funny thing is, sometimes they have these jobs to do just because they are told (like vacuuming the couch, sweeping, mopping kitchen....)

5 comments:

Ruth MacC said...

All the jobs I don't like doing, I wonder if I would get away with this with Sean!!!

Heather said...

Your list is much cuter than mine. I keep a spare list on handipoints.com (my kids favorite online chore chart--like Webkinz but for chores) They have their regular chores, their weekly job (switches between the three kids--one wiper who's job it is to wipe whatever needs wiped, on sweeper, and one picker upper. :)) Then the list of extra jobs, like laundry, bathroom cleaning, etc.). I only pay quarters but occasionally a kid will want money and do a whole bunch of those jobs.

katjandu said...

I like the titles of the jobs.. probably out of those, I dislike SHWOOP d'SHWEEP the most. I'm glad they get to chose what they want to do.

Anonymous said...

Love the titles! *lol* Very amusing! ... How much do you pay per job? Are some jobs worth more than other jobs?

Stacie said...

ICE to meet you! Mr. Incredible to Frozone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails