Wednesday, September 1, 2010

17


Gavin is 17 now. I have kept him alive for a whole 17 years folks!!

He was asked if he wanted a cell phone, w/ texting- He gave his dad the "Are you SERIOUS??" look... " no"

He was asked if he wanted an iPod and he said "no". He knows he can use mine whenever he wants and listens to youtube onhis laptop.


What did he have on his list?

Mechanical Pencils

extra lead

Money towards a new laptop

A NICE backpack

Blueberries

A couple specific Computer Games

Drk Chocolate



He has had Mechanical Pencils on his gift lists ever since he was about 6. he stopped putting LEGOS on the list when he was 15. It was a sad sad year for me......

Yes, he got everythig on his list pretty much (no blueberries but we have some in the fridge and , well, too many would end up going bad).

His younger brothers wrapped a penny in layers of tape, out it in a bowl, put the bowl in a box. The also had an empty package. And then one with a computer game. They hid them around the house and had written out clues. When he got home from class they pelted him with Nerf Darts from their homemade blowguns. They so full of giddy giggles as they waiting in hiding for him to come home.





below: Some of Gavin's Line Design for his art class >>

Below:- Ki hid a gift in the bottom of the cat food holder. It took awhile to get to it


5 comments:

Danielle Leigh said...

Love that idea the boys did, hiding the gifts for Ki. And congrats to you Kimberly on keeping him alive for 17 years!! And also a congrats on getting him so far in his education. Great job!!

Unknown said...

they are fun kids! They make me smile.

Robinella said...

Mechanical pencils instead of cell phones? Love it!!!!

Jennifer Fink said...

These are the moments that make you smile, eh? After all the doubt and worry, moments like this tell me that maybe, just maybe, I'm doing something right after all.

Congrats!

katjandu said...

When I was little my dad printed a letter to me describing each step to take to find my present that fell from Santa's sleigh. I still have that letter, unfortunately I still don't have the bicycle. My dad was cool and fun. I like to think of him when you or your children do something that's just like he would do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails