Monday, August 30, 2010

Aug 30. 2010

Photobucket
Our 1st somewhat real, full day of Quasi-Unschooling- getting back in a routine.

I slept in till 9:00. I am still recovering from Bronchitis but finally dooing MUCH better.
After breakfast, we had a family talk about the rules for doors and knocking. It was basically a talk about;
Just because you have a RIGHT to do something, doesn't mean you should.
I told them the Bible verse that tells us to "In as much as it is up to us, leave at peace with everyone"

After a few morning chores, I sent them off to work on different tasks. Connor is doing review questions and studying for his Chapter 5 test in Science. Gavin was told to do the next section in his SAT book and then study and review is Physics. His test is Thursday.

Ki read in his animal book (about rabbits, pikas, the platypus, echidna, and a few others). Then he looked up Echindnas online to learn more about them (spiney anteaters). After that, I had him browse around at www.wordlywise300.com He read a few of the lessons and played a few of the games. all while laying in my bed with his drink on a stool next to him- talk about an easy Life!




I asked Ki if we wanted to start back up with Life of Fred today or do some worksheets (math). I told him he needs to get back into Life of Fred this week, but he has a few days to get back into it if he wants.

After lunch I took Gavin to buy some supplies for his college art class.
back home K&C boys worked on their math.

Gavin needs to be at 80% of his ALEKS finished by the end of Sept- so he's working towards that. He'll do his math tonight with Brian and his science tonight, too. We are down a computer- so they have to alternate.

Connor did his ALEKS. I need to check his account soon, see where he is and help him come up with a plan of what he wants to do next so what he needs to do now to get there.
Ki- chose reviewing Times Tables. Using sheets with the times tables written out- saying the problem and filling in the answer- then checking.

6 comments:

Danielle Leigh said...

Sounds like the 1st day went smoothly. Glad for that!

MomofAJ said...

Hi, I came over from the Hip Homeschool Hop. Looks like a good first day. I am glad you are feeling better.

Robinella said...

Visiting from the Hop and I have two boys. Mine are only 10 and 6 but I like reading about those who have older boys. Get a little glimpse into my future! :o) Stop by sometime.

Anonymous said...

Visiting from the Hop. I have a 7 yr old and still pretty new to homeschooling so reading about older kids and all the cool things you are doing so successfully is really motivating.

Wonderfully Chaotic said...

Stopping by from the Hop! Sounds like things are going pretty well - I like reading about older kids also...mine are so little (5 and 1) that it's neat to look forward to different things they'll be doing later on! :)

asliceofsmithlife said...

Hi Kimberly,
Stopping in from Hip Homeschool Hop! It sounds like your school year is off to a great start!
Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!
Have a blessed day!
Tracy at "A Slice of Smith Life"
http://www.asliceofsmithlife.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails