Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ipad Carrying Case I made for Ivan

I saw a cross-shoulder carrying case for iPads and decided to make one. I had this fabric in the sewing room-->


I measured the fabric and the lining fabric, made straps and pockets and added a button- for decoration. I was gonna add a magnet snap thing, but wasn't sure if magnets were OK.



Because of the flap, I had to keep the strap not attached up at the top.- but it attached all the way on the back side. (having both sides partially unattached made it hang weird.)

I made the small front pocket with a skinny pocket for the Stylus, I keep lipgloss and the screen wiping cloth in the larger part of the pocket.

made gussets in the bottom- so it keeps its shape and looks more tailored and less- 'thrown together homemade'


The inside pockets were made for a credit card & Drivers license. - so I can just have 1 bag to carry when I'm going places.

4 comments:

Tonya said...

That is really cute. I love the colors. Great job!

Juli said...

OMG. I love that!

Love the extra pockets for cards and such. I hate carring around extra bags.

Too Cute!

The Crazy Coxes said...

That's incredible! I mean - it's lined and has pockets and looks legit! If I made a bag, it would look a lot like a crinkled up grocery bag. Aren't you so talented!

Sarah said...

Yeah, that's kind of the PERFECT bag for an ipad! (hahah I rhymed :P) LOVE how cute it is - and there's nothing better than a cross body bag - I LOVE THEM

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails