Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summer of Challenges


30 Outfits Challenge

31 Days to Clean Challenge

and now:

21 Days of Warrior Prayers (praying for boys)

I have decided I like doing these little challenges.

I did the 30 outfits as a way to go through my closet and see what all I had and wear it. Usually I just wear about 10% of my clothes. I enjoyed this one. It was actually fun to make new outfits and feel a little dressier (and get out of the rut of wearing the same thing everyday)
And my husband seemed to like it, too. Which was a good motivation for me to bite the bullet and try to dress a little nicer, or new, or at least 'not the same jeans & top daily'. I knew Brian would appreciate it.

I just started the 31 Days To Clean with some online friends. We do the daily challenges and post Before & after cleaning pictures. B&A cleaning pictures are a real motivator for me. This book has Martha and a Mary Challenge. One challenge to clean and another to show love via our homes. We are only on Day 3. I leave for 4 days in L.A. I will be on day 5 when they are on Day 9. But I hope to get caught up in a few days.
Day 1- was write a little mission statement for why you want a clean house. What is the goal? What is the Motivation.

Day 2 was clean the fridge/freezer insides. And make a list of ways to add more fun to the home. A Game night weekly? family bike rides? decor/lighting candles? Have happy music playing in the house?

Day 3 -today- clean the tops of the fridge, shelves, cabinets. I don't have shelves in the kitchen (but I do in the dining room, but those will be for the Office/Den challenge week, as they are homeschool shelves). My cabinets don;t have dustable tops. BUT I do have 2 tile tops to ovens- they are like big shelves. I will clean those.

If anyone wants to join in, let me know and I'll share the link to my online 31 Days to Clean photos. There is a printable calendar HERE for what to do each of the days.

I had already decided to give Coupon Shopping a real try in June and July. I will call it my College Try Coupon Challenge for June & July
or I should use a number. like the other challenges:
"61 Days of Coupons"

And recently a friend on Facebook and fellow homeschool blogger (Angie) posted about a
21 Days of Warrior Prayers. (with a free eBook to follow).
I decided to add it to my Summer of Challenges.

I have been thinking of making a Facebook Account for my blog. It's probably just a Peer Pressure thing. So many homeschoolers/moms have Facebook accounts for their blogs. I could be fun. But I doubt I have enough readers.

And I have been thinking about the couponing. You see/read about people that end up with 12 tubes of free toothpaste or 8 bottles of free body scrub, and how they ended up spending $3 out of pocket on $35 worth of stuff... and it is a bit intoxicating and desirable. But I out thought into it and will have a post to write about that in the near future.

YEP: I am Diggin' Challenges. With Day Numbers in the Title!

Don't forget to check out the post of vacation trip pictures!! -->

http://kabersblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/pictures-words.html





~If you enjoyed my blog, please Click (you can vote daily)~Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

Ticia said...

You might have convinced me to try the Mary and Martha thing. I've been on the fence forever.

Make the page, and if you don't enjoy having it, then delete it. I use mine primarily to share cool posts I've found that I'm not likely to write a post about. And say random odd things homeschool related.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails