Monday, September 19, 2011

Juicer-Prep Day 1

Let me start by telling you about my lack of commitment.

I gave up on couponing- so my "31 days of Couponning" page has been deleted

I page up on the "30 Days to a Clean House" book thing, so that page on my blog has also been deleted.

I still read, but gave up on keeping a reading log- so that page, too, has been deleted.

My blog looks more clean and streamline now.

I also gave up on having breakfast with Dashnyam ay 7:45 in the morning. We will just do that every other Monday- because those are "Late Start Days" and he doesn't have to leave for school until 9:10AM.








********************************************************************************


Now, onto Juicer-Preppedness-Week

The goal...plan... is to do a 2 day juice fast this weekend. Or maybe next week. In order to be ready for that, the juicer sites say to avoid dairy, caffeine, alcohol, etc for a week before the fast. The "etc" is wheat and refined sugars. I will try to limit those.

Also, to get ready, I am juicing for lunch this week. breakfasts will be my normal Protein Shakes. (Egg White Protein powder, berries, banana, a splash or rice/soy milk)

Dinners will be normal.

MONDAY'S MENU:
Breakfast- Protein shake with strawberries, a banana, a scoop of protein powder.... but no splash of rice milk. I forgot to get it at the store yesterday.
It was a little on the thick side, but not bad.

Lunch was from the Juicer.
1 Carrots,
a pear,
7 strawberries,
2/3 of blackberries from the little plastic box
a slice of ginger root








(I'll add some crackers or nuts...)

JUICING LINK 1

JUICING LINK 2




No dairy, No caffiene- though the homemade peppermint patty was calling to me from the top shelf of the fridge. And so was the Ding Dong from the pantry. And the Chai on the bottom shelf of the fridge. I just plugged my ears and fired my lazers!

They just all gang up on me when I have decided to ignore them.





I rode my bike to the store. It is probably a whole 2/3 of a mile round-trip. Surely that counts for exercize...





Dinner tonight is "Sub Sandwiches"





I bought different lunch meats, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, cheese, onions, etc... And I think we have some corn chips. I will skip the cheese on mine, keeping with the no dairy thing. I usualy skip the cheese, though.









I need to go oversee Ki's science .... and give him a test maybe.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hello! thanks for stopping by my blog.
I checked out both of yours, I think it's great that you home school. It would take a lot of work and dedication!
Good luck with the juice fast, I have never been very strong against food myself hah, it always seems to win.

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Wow, is it giving up on cheese - when you usually give up on the cheese anyways. Cute. Thanks.

Kelly L said...

I'll back to check your progress on your juice fast.
I've Become My Mother

Stacie said...

Your blog does look more stream-lined now. I hope the juicing makes you feel grrrreeeaaattt! I think it looks pretty nasty.

Juli said...

Yeah... that food would find me in my sleep.

Will power and I have a love hate thing going...

The Crazy Coxes said...

You are a better woman than I am. I don't own a juicer, but I have a couple of cases of Coke! ;) I would have definitely gone for the peppermint patty and the ding dong.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails