Monday, April 23, 2007

Brain Gym Videos (and more)

I am boring. I don't write exciting blogs. I don't show much emotion or passion in my writing and I really have no desire to persuade anyone that my views should be taken upon by them. I don't tell witty stories. I just like to record what we do and share ideas. Maybe you will enjoy these, though.

Videos of Brain Gym and other Occupational Therapy activites.

Ki doing Joint Compression activity.He does these every day before school and on non-school days when He is having SID overload.
Bouncy Ball Activity

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Elephant 8's. A Brain Gym activity. We do Lazy 8s with some part of our body daily.
Elephant 8s

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Ear Rolls-- good to do before lots of listening-
Ear Rolls

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Music Body Scales (my piano sounds bad)
this one has really helped my son with dyspraxia to cordinate multiple body movements. He was the one recording the video and forgot to turn it off before swinging it around. So you get to see me in my jammies. sorry.
Music Body Scales

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Ki reading his story. He uses his word cards to write a story.
Cat Aliens

Add to My Profile | More Videos

5 comments:

Ahermitt said...

I'll tell you what... those ear rolls are relaxing!

"My Little Wonders" said...

I was wondering if you needed to do the exercise or you have just realised that they help your boys to get into the learning mode. Yes I tried the ear rolls also and they are relaxing. Could you elaborate on the brain gym for me, is it something you do as a class ???? Thanks

NINANINA said...

wow you are such a devoted MOM!
I worked with autistic kids for several years.. fascinating. I loved doing artwork with them. I am a visual artist..(see my art blog) and a chicken farmer :) yes, your boys would love helping you with a small chciken coop. Learning how the eggs develop and hatch is fascinating... Chickens aren't a heck of a lot of work, just basic maintainance... a small shed for a coop and chicken wire....chicks take care of themselves... plus you can "recycle" food for chickens to eat. They eat most anything..(except sugared cornflakes :) Fresh eggs are good eating;
later < nina >

Anniek said...

Loved watching the videos of your kids. They are so much more obedient than my son with autism and ODD. I also do the ear rolls when I feel stress. And the exercice with the piano is nice too.

The Makings Of Me said...

You are doing a fantastic job with your kids. I wonder if I can beneefit from those exercices as well. i have never quite heard about brain gym before but I think I should look into it..it looks relaxing.

Regarding your comment, yes I do believe age does not determine maturity. Like many other things in life, it varies. However, I am concerned about those who are obviously not mature enough to handle small commitments yet fall into the deep end of marriage.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails