Thursday, April 19, 2007

a colorful day

(Complete with links)
This morning I read Ki's lines with him. He is in a play next week. I made the mistake of doing this before he had a good big drink after breakfast and before his sensory occupational therapy. It is amazing how little and tired he is before his OT. He is like a limp noodle. Not a big deal though. We'll just read through the lines again after his OT. A little Joint Compression and breathing exercises will do wonders for him. Apparently his teacher doesn't say much to him about his performance during class. She sent home a note about how he needs to work on volume and annunciation. But because she doesn't say anything to him during class, he keeps saying "This is how I do it in class and my teacher is fine with it!"
I will do 1-on-1 school with Ki today and have Gavin do SOS History and Connor do Saxon Math.
Today I go down to Shriner's hospital to spend some time with Manuel. The plan is to bring him home tomorrow. So I will probably spend the night there. I should call first to see what time they expect him to be able to leave tomorrow.
For past blogs about homeschooling and archived links and tips, visit WWW.HOMESCHOOLBLOGGER.COM/3FOLDCHORD

You will find links on the top banner for:
Dyslexia/LDs/ADS tips and journals
Charts and Schedules


Online Links
Our School Day- for examples of a day in our school.




TODAY- We did morning Brain Exersices together. CrissCross Marches, Deep Breathing stretches, Lazy 8s with arms and legs and Hook Ups.This was intersparsed with the consumption of water. (Brains are 80% water and need to be fully hydrated)



Next-Gavin looked up spelling words and wrote their definitions while Connor worked on Saxon Math. During this time I did word family reading with Ki. Beyond The Code. Then he circled base words in the groups. After that we worked with letter tiles. He had to find letters and find certain letters in front or behind to work on letter placement in the alphabet. After that he used the textured letter tiles to spell words from his word cards.

Snack Break

Gavin read poetry. His creative writing teacher is going over poetery with him. (Thursday class). I have a book of Robert Frost poetry for him to read. Connor is reading Time Cat. Ki and I did a few pages in his Miquon with manipulatives.


Lunch

Classes at Dominion. Ki takes drama and Connor has art class. Gavin stays home. I will be going to Shriners to stay with Manuel. (click to read- who is Manuel?)



2 comments:

"My Little Wonders" said...

Yhanks for posting your day I love to see how others do homeschooling as I am very new to homeschooling. Thanks for your comment on mine also.I still haven't figured out how to make my blog more creative. Feel free to advise me ....lol :)

Anniek said...

Hi there. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I have just been reading on your 2 blogs and I'm amazed by what you do with your 3 boys in the A-spectrum and Manuel.
I have had a homeprogram for my son with PDD-NOS and ODD for 3 years but he went back to school in january 2007, only for a couple of hours a day though.
I recognized a lot of things you were writing about in your blog; like telling your son exactly what he has to do and not assuming that he will understand with a few words.
And I was surprised to read that you do braingym with your boys. I wanted to do that with my son but he refused to do the exercices. Do your sons like braingym?
Do you live in the US?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails