Tuesday, December 23, 2008

IMPROV & REWRITES

I spent some time planning Ki’s Acting & Theatre class for J Term. The book I am using is an USBORNE book. http://www.amazon.com/Acting-Theatre-C-Evans/dp/0794522165

There is no way we can get through this in 30 minutes a day for 4 weeks. So I made 2 decisions. One is to drop math and extend both Theater and Culture by 15 minutes. Our classes never run on schedule and often go over anyway. The other is that I will just 4 topics from the book and we will do 1 of those each week and then if Ki enjoys it, we will continue the Acting & theatre class through out the next month or 20 until we are finished. But only 2-3 times a week.

I found a 2 person skit for Ki and me to do. I want him to rewrite it though. Using information and people he knows. http://www.buckskin.org/Resources/Fun/skits_2.htm it is # 49. Brain Shop. I’ll have it out the 2nd week sometime and we’ll discuss it and he can work on the rewrite over the next week.

Week 1 will be the basics and some terminology and some basic warm up exercises. Week 2 is improvisation and mime. Week 3 is set, props, costume. Week 4 we’ll rehearse his new skit, discuss set, props and costume for his skit, and talk about theatre history & important people.
I have a few activities planned and hope to get some fellow homeschoolers to help out with the Improv Exercises.

That’s all the planning I am doing for that class right now.

1 comment:

katjandu said...

OH, ho ho ho. I loved that skit. I can't wait to see the rewrite. How marvelous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails