Monday, December 15, 2008

Bacon in the Toaster Oven

I have been on the phone for almost 2 hours. all with different medical providers and to my insurance company 2-3 times- 2 different dentists, 2 different medical doctors......and I still have to call the Otolaryngologist (ENT). and I am DREADING that call. I am SO embarassed! I totally forgot about his last appointment b/c I forgot to put it on my calendar---- and 2 appointments before that I totally forgot!! this makes the 2nd time in 3 weeks I have totally spaced and forgot his ENT appointments!!!!I think I'll have some chamomile tea before I call.

Halfway into my phone calls I hear Connor YELL Gavin's name like he's mad, but Gavin's response was not one of fighting brothers- it sounded concerned- so I called to them to see if everything was fine. Connor said they were fiine, there was just a fire in the kitchen,. I hear commotion and ask Gavin if the fire is out yet and he said no- so I went to the kitchen to see how bad a fire it really was )notice- having 3 boys for 12 yrs I no longer run and jump at the first 'FIRE"- how sad)It was out by the time I got down the 6 steps and into the kitchen.Gavin had decided to cook bacon n the toaster oven. I made sure all boys knew exactly where the fire extinguisher is and how to use it...... (which I know I have pointed out before- but you know boys.."Huh? we have a fire extinguisher?" )

**OH- and I found out there is a difference between "Accepting our Insurance" and being an actual contracted provider! I asked the oral surgery place if they 'accept' our insurance and they said yes. when I called our insurance company they guy there said they are OUT OF NETWORK so the coverage will be less. I told him I had asked the Oral Surgery Office and they said they did accept our insurance- and he said to me that they do accept money from them (my insurance company), they are just not contracted providers. so next time I need to actuallly ask "Are you a contracted provider with my insurance Company?"

8 comments:

katjandu said...

I'm reminded of the stories my mom used to tell of my three brothers. I can relate some funny ones. Here are two about fire: One brother tried to do a trick with with toothpicks that involved fire and they managed to burn a mark on the formica table top. Or of the time I burned my arm when my brother dared me at 5 years old to pull a cork out of a soda bottle that was in the burning trash. I still have a scar.

I went to the allergist last month because I knew I had fluid in my ears, while I was there they did a yearly exam. My new insurance won't cover the visit because it was a pre-exsisting illness. So I'm going to call the office and see if they can bill my secondary insurance.

We are expecting rain, sleet, or I like the term: 'Wintry Mix'. Makes me think of cookies or mixed nuts!

Unknown said...

"Wintry Mix" does make it sounds much nicer!!!

We had rain for 2 nights now and all my water buckets are full. It pretty much only rains at night here. It's in the low 50s today!

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I saw the title and just knew that I would have to read this one!

Like you, I don't necessarily move fast to statements about fire, being married to one pyro and the mother of another.

I am glad that all ended well.
I am going to have to discuss my dental adventure last week . . . but I will need copious chamomile tea!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh boy! It sounds like just another normal day in paradise!

Ruth MacC said...

hip chick's comment says it all! I am glad it wasn't worse though :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I am working more to help pay for a new downstairs heater because our heat pump broke! It's only below freezing outside (brrr!). At least we have a space heater and we have an upstairs unit that works. Lots of hot chocolate and sweaters and hats around here! I will probably get back on my blog next week. Just checking in with you. Glad you didn't have a big fire!!!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Good tip on the insurance... I'll have to remember that!

Andrew said...

I think I know what you mean with not running at the word "fire!" any more... I'm the oldest of six... so by now I don't get terribly disturbed about things that other people might. I don't know about fire in the kitchen though... that one might get me running, lol.

And our medical insurance system in this country is kind of a piece of work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails