Thursday, August 2, 2007

taking the morning off

We had some computer problems and now I am on a different computer- so I lost all my saved Bloggers that I read... so I'll just have to read those that have left me notes. and hopefully this weekend I'll get to it. I leave today and get back sometime tomorrow.

*******************************
LAST NIGHT- I put a sign on the fridge and on the table. I put a sign on the vacuum, the laundry closet door and the dishwasher. Then went to bed. I knew the boys wuld wake before me. They are up at 7. I sleep in if it's not 'sctructured school day'. The signs on the fridge and table said "BREAKFAST @ PANERA" and the other 3 signs said "NO MORNING CHORES!". The boys woke. I woke, took a shower. Asked if they read the sings..
Connor said:"Yes, we don't have to do chores and we don't get to eat breakfast"

I started a load of wash (Connor's morning work), unloaded the dishwasher (Ki's morning work) nd then loaded it with some dirty dishes (Gavin's morning work.)

Then we walked to Panera. About 4 blocks to the busy street, the cross and it's a few stores in and to the left of the outdoor mall.

After I check my email stuff I'll vacuum (manuel's morning job), whole my older two a little work on thier timelines for the summer independant studies.

*It's nice to have a No Morning Chore day with the boys and take them to breakfast occassionally.*

4 comments:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Nice to see you back, though I can only imagine how busy you are with a possible move and then all the extras.

Sorry about the computer. More sorry to hear about Manuel's problems. Does he get some psychotherapy to help him handle the culture shock, homesickness, etc? Sounds like he needs some help with this; someone who can talk to him in his own language.
Just a thought.

momof3feistykids said...

What a nice surprise for your boys!

"My Little Wonders" said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of bloggers. Glad to see you are here more. I missed hearing from you.
Blessings Lori

Garden State Kate said...

Lucky boys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails