Wednesday, August 1, 2007

moving?

here are some things that have been happening here:

  • Brian applied for a job in California (we are in Ohio)- so that will be exciting if it pans out!
  • Connor starts his phase one with the orthodontsist this m onth. He has 4 seperate appointemnts this month. one is with the dentist to have 2 teeth pulled. (the baby teeth are almost horizonatal and will be real trouble when they try to move closer to the surface.
  • Trying to help the boys work on the independant online research.... and down to one computer (from 2 PCs and a Laptop)
  • Resued a baby bunny from Soksey. And one died.
  • Made an unpleasant discovery about Manuel and have been trying to run things a bit differently here. I have noticed him push or swing sticks at my boys or chase them a couple times recently. The last time he was chasing and spitting. so I sent him to do his therapy and talked to my boys. Apperently often when I am out or they are outside and I'm not there, Manuel chases them while throwing sticks, hits them, etc. Id they are walking in the hall (which is narrow) and one of mine accidently bumps him, he punches them. And there have been other things. So now, He goes with me everywhere. Though he is old enough an can handle being home with my boys while I run to the store, he comes with me now.
  • Brian is planning camping and an amusement park trip, but not really helping me pack things up, then I can't get to cleaning I need because he hasn't moved the larger items. So I am not happy about that right now.
  • Brian will beout of town the last few days this week.
  • Gavin has a birthday this month.
  • manuel has his final (hopefilly) dr appointment this month.
  • Next month we hope manue will be able to return to his family.
  • Next month Ki has a birthday
  • next months is our anniversary (all this by Mid Month)
  • Brian may go to India for 2 weeks in Sept
  • Or he may go to Hawaii for a week
  • Or he may not go anywhere.

SCHOOL-

  • Gavin has been doinghis study on modern weapons ans he is working an a timeline for the history of weapons.
  • Connor is working on his timeline for The History of Money. He likes the USmintkids website.
  • Ki is making his Martin Luther timeline and I am reading from the book of Acts with him.
  • We did a Bible Verse study on choosing good friends. they memorized about 3 verses. Each day they'd read through thier list them write a few verses out. They read the same list of verses evryday for a week. Now the oldertwo are reading the Sermon on the mount in Matthew and writing different sections.
  • Manuel has been reading a Spanish transaltion of the NIV at www.biblegateway.com. He was having trouble understaing the KJV we have here. After he reads, he write a portion in both Spaish and then in English. He is reading 1 Cor 13 this week.

3 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Wow! You have a lot on your plate right now! I hope all works out well for you. I'm sorry to hear of your boys having such a problem with Manuel. I hope the birthdays and anniversary are filled with joy!

momof3feistykids said...

I am sorry to hear about Manuel's difficulties. Is there someone he is willing to talk to?

Anniek said...

Sorry, to read about Manuel's behaviour towards your boys. I suppose it isn't easy for him being in another country without his family for such a long period of time. He must be very frustrated to do such things. I hope he can return home soon!
Have a good time with the birthdays and the anniversary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails