Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Spelling went well

finally, a school day post-

With Brian off work and all the running Ihave been doing- we aren't on our list and schedule fully. But working toeards it.

I am getting a cold and feel miserable. Ki is, too , and had me up a good part of the night. So I slepy in till 9:30.

The boys did their morning list- gavin didn't do his all the way. No TV for him today. Well, unles Brian get home from his errand and outranks my decision.

I did spelling with Ki. We went through his list and spelled his words in sign language and I taught him the word signs. This combined both the body and the mind- for more complete learning. So when I do the word sign he can spell the word. If I sign spell he makes the sign and tells me the word.He has to say the letters as he signs the letters. It seemed to go very well!

Then Connor and I had a dentist appointment. Brian had the boys making lunch when I got home at noon. Though they just had breakfast at 10. But when I ask him to make sure they get breakfast or lunch while I amout- he doesn't-- yet he makes them when it's not needed. Lunch 2 hours later is a waste of time. I think Gavin was happy for a reason to piddy and not do work. He is not in my good graces today. I don't know why I even bother ding school when Brian is home. He messes up my plans, takes the kids away from their classes, lets them do whatever........

I sat down with Ki and showed him how to compare fractions... to see which is larger... is 5/7 larger or smaller than 8/12?.. that type of stuff. So he is checking the work he did yesterday. His dad just siad "do this page" and didn;t sit down with im or explain or anyhitng. He volunteered to do the math and asked what they were doing. I told him. You need to sit down with him and go over how to do it. He didn't. Gavin had to copy terms witht heir deffinitions and all Brain had him do was read. So we are doing the same math today as they did yesterday!

The boys did their reading. Connor did some simple Leap Pad stuff. Gavin spent some time with Ben's Guide to US History. Online.

I took a long nap, my cold is getting worse.

4 comments:

LAA and Family said...

I hope you are feeling better!

I don't usually ask my husband to help with my oldest son's school work (just started the other two with school work at home this year), it would be a scenario much like what you described in this post. This coming year I am asking my husband to help with checking answers on assignments and then going over any errors with the boys. I'm hoping this will be helpful.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Oh, I just detest warm-weather colds! I don't know why, but they seem worse and last longer.

You sound a little grumpy today and it sounds like DH isn't helping with it.

Maybe you need to just get some rest and have hot lemonade. You can get back to the routine when you feel better.

Get well soon!

Anniek said...

Hope you feel better soon!
Take good care of yourself and don't let DH get on your nerves!

"My Little Wonders" said...

I hope you start to feel better soon.
Blessings Lori

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails