Friday, September 14, 2007

spelling and bagels

Today's spelling test was taken at the local cafe. We ordered lunch and then they took their spelling test. Then we went to watch the Juggler at the Greene (open outdoor area at he mall)
PICS:





had connor move to his own table. He and Gavin had 1 minute at the end to compare their tests.


they write out all their words from memory. I don't say them. Just give them a sheet of paper and say :write your words:

LOL- I had a lot of typos in this one! figures.. on a post about homeschool and spelling!!!

6 comments:

LAA and Family said...

That is just way too cool, a spelling test at a cafe! We've done school work under a pavilion at the park before. I think it'll be a while before we try it in a cafe! Homeschooling is great!

Maddy said...

Yes, well, sometimes it's more important to get it all down and capture the moment.
Best wishes

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I've done Cafe field trips, and Cafe reading expeditions, but never spelling. I'll bet that becomes a popular subject in your house!

"My Little Wonders" said...

I love the idea of going out and still getting it done. Great idea to have them memorize the words.
Lori

momof3feistykids said...

What a cool idea! :-)

http://tribeofautodidacts.homeschooljournal.net/

Niall MacC said...

That sounds like a good idea! My first thought was the kids would be distracted but hey, if they were in regular school just how distracted would they be there with all the kids and noise etc??!! Well done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails