Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pi

I excitedly ran down the stairs calling out; "BRIAN! I have a math problem for you!!"
His answer was; "Cool. What is it?"
Me; "here. I think I got it right when I did it. Did I?"
I decided to take an online geometry course. Ki doesn't like using ALEKS, so I decided to use his account. I scored a 48% on the assessment test. which I was actually quite proud of seeing as I have never taken geometry (aside from the bare basics in math like how to find the area of a circle and the hypotenuse of a right triangle- which I remembered) and the math classes I did take I barely passed by skin of my teeth with blood, sweat, and tears; only to be placed in a more difficult math class.

the problem was:
find the area of a rectangle that is 20" x 31" and has had half of a circle cut out of one end.
they had a picture, but I don't have one to show you here.
Anyway. I got it right. YAY!!
And Brian seemed quite happy that I was bringing him math problems- even easy ones...LOL

1 comment:

katjandu said...

That is so cool. I have often thought of taking an algebra class online and maybe some geometry. I don't think I would have such a high score on the assessment test.

I have never figured out how education official wanted to pay us back for all our, blood, sweat and tears by giving us an even harder level of work. I don't think that was our goal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails