I have a few science experiments i want to do. So stay tuned........ once I don't hack and cough quite so much....
just some interesting facts about Manuel ...
- they do not celebrate birthdays in his family. My boys can't get past the shock of not having birthday cake or parties or presents. Manuel's family can't afford to buy cake or presents. Manuel doesn't know when his siblings birthdays are. not even which month. gavin says he wants to send a birthday presenthome with Manuel. Manuel will probably go home a month before his birthday.
- He can do triple digit division and multilication but has no undestanding of negative numbers. Which seems so odd with the education we have here in the states. Our kids here learn about negative numbers in 1st or 2nd grade I think. long before they are doing long division.
- he is a night owl... stays awake all night and is hard to wake in the morning. It's a bit of an adjustment when we have school sessions. My kids stay up kinda late (to 11 or midnight) but they are up on their own by 7 or 8 (Connor and Ki at 7, Gavin at 8). Manuel stays awake in bed till 1 or so.
-He is very aware of his hair/looks. My kids never comb their hair. They don't care how their hair looks. Manuel has to comb and gel and slick back his hair before he leaves the house. I wish my kids cared a bit more about their appearance some days....
-Manuel is very concerned about being a Christian. Where he is from Christians do not dance ot play cards. Not even UNO or cards with no faces. (It's the faces or the gambling that seems to be what is bad, but he he won't play other card games either) He likes to listen to my TobyMac, but he's never quite sure if it is really Christian. I told him some of the words, but he says the music doesn't sound Christian. Yet he loves atching Jean Claude Van damme and The Terminator. He loves watching Star Wars. Today I went to YouTube and we wtahced Weird Al's Star Wars paridy about Anikan. He got upset and said it wasn't Christian Music. I don't get it. Why is it ok to watch the movie but listen to the Parody?
- It's amazing how picky of an eater he is. I assumed that coming from a place where you eat what's on the table becuase there may not be food tomorrow.. he'd not be so picky. He is almost as picky as my 2 with sensory disorders and oral defensiveness issues.
-It's neat to see my boys play with him. It's neat how kids are kids no matter what culture they are from and even if they don't soeak the same language, they still get along well.
- He loves spaghetti with corn tortillas, It's what he eats for lunch almost dairy. Seems pretty starchy to me....LOL. But I guess we eat spaghetti with garlic bread here.. (well I don't. I eat spaghetti and a salad). I think he just likes tortillas. He had one hot dog the othr day, he cut it into tiny peices and ate 6 corn tortillas with it... and still had a bite of hot dog left. I need to keep closer tabs to how much he eats. I might as well add a little bit of nutrition to his diet while he is here.
TONIGHT- Connor is spending the night with a friend (who is 3 yrs younger than he is) They are going to a baseball game. My mom is taking Gavin out to eat. So it will just be me, Briam, Ki amd Manuel for dinner.
Brian's sister is in town. with her 4 kids. (one is gavin's age, the others are older, but all are close in age). We may meet them for lunch tomorrow.
that's all from my end today.