Monday, March 19, 2018

"FEMSICAL"

I've been doing the Adore Your Wardrobe challenge. It helped me figure out what to ask when I'm planning my wardrobe- which I do adore- but it is sometimes overwhelming
.
So here are today's  questions: and My Answers:
1.) Does your current wardrobe support your lifestyle?
    • Yes. I think so. It is mostly  Dressy (business) Casual (often Made-By-Me), with a spattering of athleisure and a fancy dress for fancy stuff. So, what does NOT fit my lifestyle?  Hmmmm... something to think about.
2.) What impression are you making with your wardrobe?



    • well, I like to pretend the impression I make is "femsical"- feminine, yet whimsical. With my friends this is true. With strangers, the impressions is, well a bit stranger.
    • Here is my Femsical definition-dress: 
Feminine Vintage 1960's pattern with whimsical FLAMINGOS!!!

  • My fantasy self is full of fantasy and I'm happier when I wear my fantasy. But, dressing LIKE a dinosaur is probably frowned upon too much, and would, frankly, be uncomfortable, but wearing a DINOSAUR skirt is comfy and happy!

  • This challenge made me ask: Why do I not like the clothes I don't like? I tried them on. I tried on the clothes I do like.  Most of the clothes I don't like are usually because they feel funny some days. I have a touch of Sensory Integration Disorder. 50% of the time the feel of the fabric drives me INSANE- like- I want to claw out my eyes and rip off my flesh insane. I used to just put up with it. Wear the comfy stuff on 'bad days' and wear the "I like the way it looks and the way I'm completes this out fit- but it makes my skin scream" clothes on 'good days'. Thanks to the prompting here, I have decided I don't have to put up with "Half-The-Time- Fashions". On those bad days I go through every thing in my closet, nothing feels OK, the 2 things that do feel OK and can be worn in 15 degree weather don't even match enough for me!
  • So I am getting rid of my 'Half-Time' clothes and replacing them with clothes I can wear 9 out of 10 days. So I don't have those Closet Hating Days (and the clothes all the floor to clean).
  • What do I love? when I design something. When I get an idea for a skirt/dress/top. Can't find a pattern so I make my own and spend a week planning how to make it work. Then that skirt/dress/top is not only a color/design I love, it fits, and has my time invested it. I need to sew more clothes!
3.) Who is your fantasy self?
I think my fantasy self might be a dragon overlord. Is that a thing?

This challenge has been super motivating! I have to get sewing and creating and getting rid of 'boring scratchy' clothes!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails