Friday, September 12, 2008

PHOTO PHRYDAE

Sometimes on Fridays, the Homeschool Blog Award place has FOTO FRIDAY. I decided to use the /PH/ for both instead of the /F/ for both. And while I'm at it, why not mess with the spelling of Friday. We all have been taught phonics I think- so should be able to sound it out as Friday.



There is no FOTO FRIDAY on the HSBA memoir blog, but that s just TOO BAD! Because I choose my photo last night.





When Gavin turned 15 (last week), Brian took him to a parking lot and let him practice driving the Miata.
On the Homeschool Memoir Blog there is a Fun Friday Post. A story about a little boy choosing to do less on a test to get into an easy class. I have a story along those lines from when I was in school.
When I was in 3rd grade I was moved to the ‘advanced group’ for Spelling (or reading, I forget). The advanced group- in 3rd grade- had up to 60 spelling/vocabulary words a week. with ALL definitions listed for that word in the dictionary and writing a sentence. After a couple weeks I quickly decided it’d be best to flunk out of the advanced group on purpose. what 3rd grader wants all that work daily and testing weekly? It did NOT seem like a way to reward those who were good in reading and spelling.
(From the best I can remember. My childhood memories are a bit scattered and incomplete)

۞۝۝۝۞۝۝۝۞۝۝۝۞۝۝۝۞۝۝۝۞
IN OTHER NEWS: Brian and Ki left yesterday and are in L.A. They will be flying to Ohio in a couple hours!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, a kid driving...well, almost. I'm not one of those mom's who dreads that. I am looking forward to it. Maybe then I can hang up my chauffeur hat and do some stuff around the house. ;-)

Thanks so much for your prayers for my friend and her family. My heart goes out to your mother. It is such a horrible thing, but they still do the same now, depending on how far along you are. If you are only in the first trimester they usually make you stay home.

Anonymous said...

When I was in high school, I took easy classes on purpose, so I wouldn't have to work too hard. *lol* (sad, huh?)

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture! He looks like he knows what he's doing.

Levi is already asking to drive the car in the driveway. Sometimes Audie lets him. I am so glad that teaching him to drive will be Audie's job!

Thunder Ruler said...

i may look like i know what im doing but i dont.

katjandu said...

Wow, practicing driving at 15, I remember doing that myself. My dad took me to a school parking lot to let me practice. They had the parking practice places marked on the weekend. It's the same school Kimberly took her driving classes.

I remember that spelling thing too Kimberly. You would have up to 70 words a week and I agreed about being punished. I'm glad he went on to teach college. But you and I would work through those words, I must say you have a great mind. I love the Phrydae by the way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails