Friday, September 5, 2008

The 4AM Friday Post

Why am I awake at 4 AM? To make myself some tea and do some pre-morning blogging, of course! It's not like I have anything better to do then lie awake at 3 AM for an hour and then decide I might as well get out of bed.

Wait. I did get out of bed at 3AM already. 4 wasn't the 1st time. Why did I get out of bed at 3 AM? To take a walk in my back yard of course. I had to check on my precious olive tree. Besides I wanted to make sure once and for all the "FSHOOOOOOOOOOOO-CHIG-CHIG-CHIG-CHIG-CHIG-CHIG-FSHOOOOOOOOOOOO-CHIG-CHIG-CHIG-CHIG-CHIG-CHIG-" really was coming from the neighbors sprinkler system and not coming from a group of sprinklers all strategically placed directly outside my bedroom windows.

I was right. It's the neighbor who thinks the lawn is best watered at 3 AM.

Then the big loud trucks start zooming down Stowell Rd and vibrating the house. But not at a constant stream. A few whizz by then it is total silence for 4 minutes. Just as I am about to fall back asleep another group of 2-4 rumble down the road.

The awakedness sets my mind to spinning with a dozen thoughts that all overlap each other as they vie for priority among the synapses.

  • do I need just 1 laptop or 2 when Gavin and I go to the coffee shop for Physics test on Monday?
  • Should I go over the Going Places questions with Ki or just mark the ones he needs to correct and let him do it himself.
  • Is it worth it to just cure 6 olives? and if so, do I do green or black? Probably green, but I have never seen an olive in between the stages of green and black. I want to leave 1 on the tree to watch it ripen. Then I am curing just 5 olives.
  • I wonder if I can find a good hummus recipe to make use of the avocados- which won;t be ready to pick till MAY!
  • I really am not sure Sarah should be a VP. I think her kids need 100% of her right now, esp that new little one. I guess I am just sexist and overly Conservative.
  • I wonder if the FOTO FRIDAY post is up yet?
  • I need to go to Trader Joes on Saturday
  • and the thoughts continue. They won't let me sleep.

The hope is that typing them all out will get them out of my head on the laptop and I can catch a few ZZZZZZzzs before 7AM

**Then I wonder--- "what if my neighbor read this? Would he be upset that I didn;t bring the problem to him first before blogging about it? Would he say "I wish you would have told me, I didn;t realize it woke anyone. I'll reset the timer."?

now I feel slightly guilty

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The awakedness sets my mind to spinning with a dozen thoughts that all overlap each other as they vie for priority among the synapses.

That sounds very much like poetry, my friend...

I have thought the same thing about Sarah Palin. How can a woman be a good wife AND good mother, AND the vice president of the United States? Simple answer, she can't. I guess I'm old fashioned too because I still believe those are 2 of the most important jobs in the world. Still, I will not vote for Obama so I guess I have to pray her children turn out okay in her absence.

Anonymous said...

3 am is when I get my best sleep, so being woken up by someone's sprinkler every morning would drive me nuts! *lol* ... But I have been caught before, blogging about someone (thankfully, I didn't say anything bad *shew*) that I didn't figure would EVER read my blog. The shock I received when they left a comment. *lol* I did't even know their names until they commented.... They were rangers from a state campground we had gone to, and I mentioned a hike thing that we did with the rangers, and even had a video clip of the guy with the kids on my blog... Who knew that they would google the campground and find my post! *rofl*

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Wow--sprinklers at 3 a.m.? Very odd and disturbing. And Trader Joe's!! I wish we had one around here!

Ruth MacC said...

Yu ended the blog on a high note, very funny!!!

The idea of letting your children pay and order their own food is a good one. As for the story of the old men, it is very sad. I can remember him years ago with a big red face always drunk but of course I didn't tell him that I knew him. I hope to go back to him at the end of the summer and give him a hot meal and my testimony...

I read someplace that if you cant sleep you should always get up out of your bed...

Nice talking,

Ruth

Ruth MacC said...

Oh, I didn't realise I was using my husbands identity...
This is Ruth from the MacCarthaigh family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails