Saturday, September 27, 2008

MY FIRST FIND!

Today I did my very first GEOCACHE hike! (using your GPS to find hidden treasures) I dragged my husband along. He had fun- I think. He puts up with me well. Me and my "bright ideas". He was thinking a half mile walk on the beach. Not a 2 mile hike up a winding hill. But he had his camera and took lots of pictures of birds, bunnies and bugs. He has to convert them so I can access them to put here. He converted a few for so I could put them up today.

Before I left I collected a couple things to leave in the cache. A big Butterfly Paperclip and a Die in a Die- a 10 sided in a clear 10 sided die- really fun. I came down from getting my jacket and the die was gone and in it's place was a handful of colored pencils. Ki said he thought we should keep the die (or is it dice if it is 2 in 1?) and he found some extra colored pencils I can give them instead.


"Hmmmmmm. It's a little farther than I thought."


"If we cut right through there we can get there sooner" (what's a couple little ravines? we can make it)


"I FOUND IT!!!"


Filling out the Cache Log.



My husband who is good at going along with my crazy ideas.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK... I don't think I have been reading long enough... What's a geocache?

Random Thoughts said...

Wow looks like fun

savagehs said...

Congratulations on your find! We've tried this several times but I'm not very good at it. We're going to try again this fall. The boys didn't want to come? We call them "treasure hunts" in our house...

Anonymous said...

Hey Keeter, sounds like my kind of crazy fun. (Like Mal's "my kind of stupid." In fact, I just read about geocaching in Levi's Ranger Rick magazine and told Audie about it. He of course, already knew about them. We decided we'd love to find one to do around here. We love hiking, GPS's, and who doesn't love hidden treasure!

And great pics too! It's always fun to be reminded of what our online friends look like, since we don't get to see them in real life.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. Congratulations!

Moby Dick said...

It is easy to see the favorite subject of your husband's camera! Certainly one of the prettiest birds...

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! We were going to try letterboxing a couple of years ago but never quite got around to it. I bet the boys wished they had been there! I checked out G's blog : ) K/C have blogs too!
See you soon,

katjandu said...

Spider's right..you're the favorite subject of your DH, and rightly so. Sounds like fun to me and it's nice to have an adventure with your mate once in a while.. sans kids.

Laurie said...

What fun! I learned about this last year, but never got around to actually looking for one. You didn't say what was in the cache you found!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I've always wanted to try doing that. It looks like a lot of fun.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

We keep saying we are going to start Geocaching, but we are also still waiting on Bruce getting the GPS unit. He has one coming as a 25th anniversary present at work.

It looks like great fun!
And you look great, too!

Sleepy Cat Hollow said...

Oh how cool! That is on my wishlist (GPS) so we can geocache here in Nevada!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails