Tuesday, September 30, 2008

anatomy in the Garden





One of my FAVORITE things about gardening is CUTTING LIMBS!




There was a whole system of veins to pull out of the ground. Roots all tangled and interconnected. After enough digging I think I found the heart.
You can see the ventricles and arteries on it. It's harder to see in the photograph, but it did look like a heart with the chambers and everything.


Then onto planting my new plants. This one was nice. I like it. It is small and round. Like a little brain. It reminded me of if someone had yanked the brain out of someone so hard the spinal cord was still attached. maybe a hedgehog brain.





SNAIL CARCASSES




And no garden is complete without toes----


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hedgehog brains, snail carcasses and Keeter Scissor Hands. Doesn't get too much cooler than that! Just don't chop your bare toes off. That wouldn't be cool.

Anonymous said...

OK, the nurse in me says "PUT SOME SHOES ON", but being the Arkansas native that I am, I say ALRIGHT!!! to bare feet...just be careful. I love that weird spikey plant. Bizarre, huh? What are you going to plant? I hope to have time to start gardening in the spring. Thanks for visiting my blog regularly! I actually posted something new a minute ago.
"See ya" later,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hey! I almost forgot, you look just like a friend I had growing up in Oklahoma. Just thought I'd tell you that. It struck me when I saw your profile picture. Her name was Karen Williams.
See ya!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

As far as the A/C goes, it's a heat pump, so it's our heater too. We need to get it replaced probably by the end of October. Pray hard!

Anonymous said...

I'm such a weirdo about my feet that I won't go barefoot outside, nor will I work in the garden without gloves on. *lol* ... I think it's the OCD coming out. *wink*

Andrew said...

lol, I think that is probably the most graphic account of gardening I have ever heard, and that's saying something : )

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh I love your gardening pictures! I am getting ready to exchange digging in the dirt for digging in the snow. I have never seen so many snail shells like that before.

katjandu said...

Well you sure had a lot of responses to that one. I liked it a lot. I'm glad you're enjoying your yard. I really like that little plant. It's a cutie.
Sorry I had to go but I'll call you later.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails