Friday, September 26, 2008

I have been DE-NIED! (a Three-peat)

No Base ID for me! apparently this Air Force Base is unable to prove that my husband works there or have clearance there (though he have a ID card there that they issued to him) so they WILL not (not just can not) give me a ID to get on base. So for now, it's back to just calling fellow homeschool moms who live on base to MEET me at the visitors center and help get my kids on base for HomeSchool Classes.

This is the 3rd or 4th time we have been in their trying to get an ID for me to get on base. Short of flying BACK to Ohio and having them re-issue my Wright Pat card, I am not authorized to drive myself onto base here.

How did my husband get clearance and an ID card if they can not verify he works there? I think they just don't know what to do with me because we do not fit the general mold of people working on base (because my husband is still considered an employee of a different base)

But, there is another step or two that might yield results. For now I will continue to be a leech.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhg! What a pain, huh? ... Hope they figure it out!

Laurie said...

At least you have people you can call to get you in. What a pain though, huh? Sounds typical though. :(

Anonymous said...

Keeter is an annelid! Keeter is an annelid!

That would be so annoying. I hope plan B or C works.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I am sure that it is your husband's unusual status!

I finally got a base pass so that I can pick the Engineering Geek up from work now and then, or drop him off to save gas. They told me to laminate it. But when I took it the laminating place, I was told they couldn't do it 'cause this was a government ID. (It's not exactly that!)

Anyway, I think they have trouble when something does not go according to the accustomed channels. Rigid? The military? Noooo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails