Monday, September 1, 2008

A New Outlook

Brian was talking about moving. He thinks he wants to buy a house. Yes, we just moved here less than 2 months ago. I asked when he thinks this would happen. His answer:
6 months to 3 yrs.

TO which I respond: "6 months?? Why am I bothering to unpack or make a garden??"

It will be more like at least 1-2 yrs I bet. Still not long enough to get full benefits from my
garden. And we will most likely NOT find a place with this big a back yard and fruit trees already mature or getting there.

it was sad at first. I really want a garden. I decided I will plant a nice vegetable garden simply because I want to plant a garden and it will be fun. I may be here long enough to enjoy the garden or I may be here just long enough to enjoy planning and planting a garden.

We will be getting a cutting from the neighbor's cactus. Ideally, cacti cuttings should be in the spring. But the seasons here are almost all the same and the cactus is a Prickly Pear- the easiest of all to propagate through cuttings. I do want to get a cactus soil mixture down before we do it.

3 comments:

Maddy said...

I would go completely bonkers without a garden. When we rented a triplex there was a tiny strip. We were there a few years but I planted every inch of it.
Best wishes

Anonymous said...

The uncertainty would make me crazy. But you're right, you should plant a garden anyway. It will be fun and you'll learn a lot for your garden at your purchased home. You can grow stuff all year long, can't you? That would be so cool!

Thunder Ruler said...

um... you mean im not going back to ohio in 3 years? :'-(
or are we just moveing in for 3 years and a day?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails