Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mini Update


LIFE:

Brian decided to have a Taco Buffet here at our house next week for about 10 co-workers. That's Taco Buffet for 15 people. ( he ran by me and I was fine, didn't want it to sound like he just decided I'd be cooking for 15. and he'll help a lot)


The next week we will have a 14 yr old girl living with us for a week. The daughter of one of Brian's co-workers who is going to Hawaii with his wife. That's be interesting. Fitting our lives of homeschooling boys around the life a public schooled girl. It should be fun, but keep me busy.


We have a TV now. but no antennae. It doesn't get any channels, but we can watch DVDs; which is all I am interested in right now.


SCHOOL:

The boys have reports to do for the Election Class. Which will be good. I have never had them do much in way of reports and I also know very little about politics. So they will be learning a lot.


They are now taking Gymnastics on Wed nights. They are the entire class. 3 Terrill Boys Gymnastics.


Yesterday, we took the boys to Pismo Beach. It was low tide and there were lots of tidal pools. Connor saw an octopus. It changed colors a few times and INKED at him, too. But we didn't get a picture so you have just to take my word for it that I'm not making it all up and we really live in a cave in Montana.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

A taco buffet sounds fun. What time? ;-)

And a 14-year old girl around the house will be interesting too....

Ebeneezer Keeter lives in a cave in Montana! Or maybe on the top of a hill above Whoville with a little, tiny dog with fake antlers. ;-)

Andrew said...

It's a little bit complicated, as it's geared toward college students, sociology not even being taught in high school and all... but I bet he could understand it as long as he was interested in it. I think younger people are underestimated on a lot of things.

It's a poster, like the one I'm holding, but it comes with a book that explains it and shows the statistics behind it. It's basically a graph that tries to show how much money everyone makes, and how much people who are married, single, of different ethnic groups and occupations usually have, all at this same time... so it is kind of complicated. I just borrowed it from my professor, so I don't own it myself. I think you can get it for under $20 on amazon though....

Ruth MacC said...

I hope you all enjoy the girl's visit. However, lots of people I know say boys are much easier to cope with, I wonder what you will think by the end of the visit? I would like to know..
We have tv but no stations. We just watch videos and dvds too. It's great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails