Wednesday, March 28, 2018

10 & Again

Ten of what?

Again? What again?

You see, there was this girl who liked to sew. One day she realized she had been buying fabric exponentially quicker than she can sew things.

A sewing fairy came to her and suggested she stop buying fabric until she had sewn all the fabric she already had/

A sewing gnome sprang up and laughed in the face of the sewing fairy. Claiming her suggestion was ludicrous and totally impossible! The sewing gnome suggested the girl  not even entertain the idea of such impracticality. She can buy fabric if she so pleases!!


Then along comes Persephone the Sewing Cat. With her small mew she suggests a path of compromise and logic.

She suggests I sew 10 things before I buy more fabric again.
 This sounds reasonable and doable.

She reminds me I can't just play the system, I have to sew 10 legit things. Sewing 10 placemats doesn't count. but a dress, a blouse, PJs,  a set of 6 placemats, etc. 3 tops count as 1 legit item.

She's bossy.

So. here I am on my journey. "Sewing 10 to buy fabric again"

BONES and a new cropped cardigan.
A full point for this project!

Loving draped necklines! 1/3 a point


Trial top, new pattern- needs adjustments next go around. 1/3 point


All 3- skirt, camisole, cardigan (pictures above as well)
another FULL point here!


Top for Neeley & Hat for Macie. giving myself a full point for the 2.
Persephone approved it.


Shirt for my son 1/3 point,


all 3- tights, skirt, top
1 whole point!


Just the striped top here, so just 1/3 point. I like  side bust darts, dart give good shaping.  But darts with stripes makes like arrows pointing to, well.... yep. I'll wear the cute cardigan with this, too.

I made 2 tops, not pictures. 2/3 points...

I think the total is 6 points!

And I have some new things for NO PANTS APRIL!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails