Monday, March 26, 2018

Bones & Pirates

Last week's Femsical Dress brings me 1 step closer to being ready for NO PANTS APRIL!


The patters is Sunshine Dress from Patterns For Pirates

The pattern has 3 different bodice styles. The one pictures, the halter top, is what I made. I made a long version, and I made the skirt be more A-line, with less gathers. So I measures the circumference of the lower bodice edge (front and back separately -they are different numbers)). Used those numbers as how wide to cut my skirts at the waist (plus 1" each piece)- but angles out the entire length of the skirt.

I was able to match up the skirt pieces to have hands sticking out of my pockets!




Be Careful not to have hands or mouth bones on 'the girls', though!

AWKWARD!

I use this see-through-grid patterns tracing fabric from JoAnns. I can see where the bones will be on the pieces,

I got rib placement on my back and pelvic bone placement close to my pelvis....

... but ended up with a hand on my bum, still.
The cute cropped cardigan? Also from Patterns 4 Pirates . The Cocoon Cardigan.

The fabric for both dress and bolero-style cardigan are from SO SEW ENGLISH


If you haven't heard yet...
Next Months is NO PANTS APRIL!
Join Us!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails