Thursday, January 6, 2011

WED/THUR

Photobucket


Wednesday the bagger at the grocery store asked if I need help to the car. It makes me wonder if they think I have a walker or am not strong enough to push a cart. It always throws me for a loop, I have to stop & think about, and I always end up stuttering a response.
"uhh. N-n-oo..I',..f-f-f-i-nr.ok."

Yes, I have to purposely rehearse my answer for the bagboy before I get in the check-out lane, so I don't sound to dorky.


I forgot to rehearse my response yesterday and paid th price by looking & acting like a moron in front of a high school kid.

I had GRAND plans for Forensics Class yesterday. But you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men...... actually, I don't know what they say. That's all I know of that phrase. But I guess they don't end well. Because they often don't.

I rolled out of bed at 8:15. I have a worse time readjusting to school times than I did with Jetlag when we flew to India & China!
I get breakfast and get dressed, actuaally, I got dressed first so I could go down into the kitchen and get breakfast. I get back upstairs to gather laundry and mentally planning my next 4 things I need to do. When I get the laundry halfway to the laundry room, Connor says he needs me to call the doctor because he'snot been able to hear out of his ears for a few days and it feels funny and like pressure.

So halfway to the laundry room I stop to call the doctor for Connor. LUCKY US the doctor had a cancellation at 9:50 that morning! It was 9:15. It takes 20 minutes to get to the doctor. I had to brush my teeth and Connor wasn't dressed..

I emailed the links and videos to Gavin and Ki. The ones I had planned on teaching to them and raeading over with them. and made a quick list of what they needed to do. Drove Connor to the doctor.

We read about Orangutans.

Connor has a lot of fluid behind his ear, but they can;t tell if it is infected. So he has meds and will need a consult with the otolaryngologist if it does not improve in 2 weeks.

get back, drop Connor off at home to start HIS school list, run back out to drop of the prescription. Back home again. Eat lunch, get the kids in the van for Improv day.

still have not had my shower.

no one shows up. We're all grumpy. We go home. The boys clean their rooms, I shower, and make ninja cookies. Eating Ninjas makes me feel better.



***************************************************************************


The wisemen brought their gifts wrapped in Evidence Bags.

Today my friend comes over for cookies & tea. The boys do their reading & Computer Programming.

Lunch. I ate while sitting in my cozy bed, watching my Pilates DVD. (I need to wacth workout DVDs before I do them)

Forensics Class.

We go over what they did on their own yesterday. I teach them some Greek work roots. They watch Forensic Science Videos. We do a lab about bullet holes in glass.


~If you enjoyed my blog, please Click (you can vote daily)~Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory


here is the boys' independent Forensics from Yesterday:

take notes from the board. (3 fingerprint types)
and notes from the book on the characteristics of finger prints.

Watch these videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jff1hhfp6L0 you can watch part 2 & 3, too, if you want)



Go to this Wikipedia link: on the right hand side is a list of occupations: under the skull picture:
these are the ones I want you to do:

and a couple of the Digital Forensics:

Click on each and write in your notebook what it is.
For Example: you would write:

Forensic Entomology: Studying Insects to find clues.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eating Ninjas and watching Workout Videos in Bed. I think I've found my blogging soul mate. :) ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Eating Ninjas and watching Workout Videos in Bed. I think I've found my blogging soul mate. :) ha ha ha

Discovering the Me in Mommy said...

One of my friends has a cookie cutter set: Ninja Bread Men...awesome

Christy said...

Does your son get ear infections often? Have you looked into what's causing it? My two older sons had issues when they were younger...well, you can read about it @ http://www.raisingknights.com/2010/11/raising-healthier-kids-my-experience.html

Cute ninjas, BTW.
Christy

Mel said...

Wowzers, I was tired just reading about your day! :) Ninja cookies are awesome. Where did you get a ninja cookie cutter? I have 3 boys, this would be very welcome. Great blog!

Following from the blog hop.

Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

Christy said...

Would lymphatic massage help to drain the eustachian tube? Sorry for all the questions, I always look for the natural method first. Anything to avoid surgery and medications. :)

Gabby Malcuit said...

Sounds like quite a day!

Carol E Wyer said...

I too love the idea of watching workout videos in bed and eating Ninja cookies...they are really good too I think even my son would like them (he's 22 but 12 at heart)
Thank you for your comment on my last post. It's really difficult to get people to visit you but once they do they seem to love it. Stick at your 'gazillion' comments - once people get here they'll be so glad they did. I must spend hours writing to people - mind you I enjoy it. My typing skills are improving as a consequence!
Java has a good hop today -it says 'over 40' but you definitely don't need to be 40 or near it and I've found a lot of my friends and followers have come from that hop. I'll post it in five minutes on my home page. Come and join in. There are another couple that are good too...in fact I'll put them all up and you can choose.One more thing I recently joined Bloggers.com and so have five of my followers...there are lots of different bloggers out there. You sign up and then vote for various people they visit and follow your blog or become your friend. I'm there so is Empty Nest, Aobibliophile, Trininista and a few others. Maybe that could be another way to meet folk.
Anyway enough of my burblings. I'm mightily impresed by the forensic science thing too it all sounds very CSI :)
Hugs from a snowy (yes, snow again) UK
Carol

seashore subjects said...

Ending a hectic day by eating ninjas sounds great!

Deb Chitwood said...

Great post! I loved the Ninja cookies and the wise men bringing their gifts in evidence bags!
Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails