Friday, January 28, 2011

No School Today

Why was there no school today? Because my husband told the boys it is House Cleaning Day instead. This means 2 things:
1. The kitchen will finally get cleaned.
2. So much for the Anthropology Lab I had planned.



...it may also mean that I am a bad housekeeper, but we're going with; "I'm good at preparing them to take care of themselves"

Ki is till painting. He seems to really be enjoying his nice paint set from Grammy.


I took pictures yesterday, with the good lens even, but forgot to post them on my blog. See, I forgot to put the memory card in my camera....It's a good thing I did not commit to that Picture Every Day for the whole year-thing.



I took some today though:


This was taken at my acupuncture appointment:



Here is ME, taking a picture of myself in the reflection
of the Drive-Through Speaker at Taco Bell:


Here is the ice in Connor's water
@ Arby's


Here is a neat plant outside@ Arby's

Take A Guess.....??


Another plant/bush at Arby's
I like the blurry cars on the street.



This was on my rose tree in my front yard:



So was this:

I tried a Brussel Sprout today. They had a cooking demonstration at the Farmers Market. They were sauteing brussell sprouts with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. They smelled so yummy.

I sank my teeth into the little gem of olfactory goodness. It hit my taste buds. My stomach instantly revolted, spasming my stomach muscles. It took every thing in me to not SPEW said brussel sprout across the market stand into someone's hair.

I'll stick with carrots.

~If you enjoyed my blog, please Click (you can vote daily)~Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

9 comments:

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Very imaginative pictures!!! It's amazing what you see when you look at something with a fresh perspective!

Danielle Leigh said...

I also do not like brussel sprouts. lol Love your pictures again! I think my favorite is the ice in Connor's water and my guess on the other is the edge of a plate?

Unknown said...

Arr- It not be a plate, me hearty!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I love brussel sprouts! But, the tiny ones are best. Is it a bowl?

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

I'm bummed I missed out on hearing about Anthropology lab! But glad your minions cleaned up for you. I love reading about your homeschooling and imagining I'd have the stamina or ability to pull it off like you do.

Also, I love brussels sprouts. If you ever want to try again, cook the suckers underneath a chicken when you next roast it. Caramelized and basted by chicken fat is the perfect way to learn to love brussels sprouts.

seashore subjects said...

I really want to like brussel sprouts, but like you my stomach revolts.

And definitely you are teaching responsibility through cleaning.

Meri said...

Nice pics girl! I like the bokeh behind the single branch as well, very nice shot:)

And I very much sympathize with the "teaching them to take care of themselves" as far as the housecleaning goes. Lol

LivingFree said...

We too have to take time off from school and other fun things to clean the house. Nice creative pictures.

Unknown said...

the GUESS pictures is the light hanging above out table at Arby's

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails